Let’s talk about a healthy habit that combines pleasure with wellness — prostate milking.
In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about prostate milking, its benefits for the health of your prostate gland, and how to do it.
Before getting started, here are some quick facts:
- Prostate milking is a pleasurable method of stimulating your prostate gland.
- Prostate milking can be internal or external — it all depends on your comfort level, sensitivity, and personal preferences.
- Prostate milking can be beneficial for your health! Your doctor may even suggest that prostate massages can help with urine retention, erectile dysfunction, BPH (Benign prostatic hyperplasia), or prostate enlargement.
Now, without further ado, let’s dive in.
Prostate Milking vs. Prostate Orgasms
First of all, what is the difference between prostate milking and prostate orgasms?
P-spot orgasms have been known to cause a different type of orgasm than what some may consider traditional penile orgasms.
With stimulation introduced directly towards the source, the prostate may respond with more intense orgasms. Prostate orgasms often feel more full-bodied, can last longer than penile orgasms, and can increase ejaculation volume.
How to Start Milking Your Prostate
Prostate milking is easier and more fun with a prostate massager. This vibrating gadget stimulates your prostate for an explosive hands-free orgasm, and it’s also an excellent component in a comprehensive prostate wellness routine.
A prostate massager is the perfect tool for beginners, and you can use it by yourself or with a partner.
Here’s how to start milking your p-spot with a prostate massager:
- Start by making sure your anus is prepped and clean
- Disinfect your prostate massage tool before every use
- Apply a generous amount of lube to the anus
- Once applied, slowly introduce the tip of your tool into your anus
- Slowly rock the massager back and forth until it is comfortably inside your rectum
- Once comfortably in, you can tell you’ve reached the prostate once you’ve found a dense, spongy ball of tissue that feels euphoric to touch
- Turn on your tool to the ideal vibration setting and prepare for pleasure
Listen to your body throughout the entire prostate milking process. If something feels wrong, it's better to take a break or even just stop and try again later.
If it seems like reattempts hurt just as much as the first time, you may have to contact your healthcare provider or a sex educator to talk about what you may be doing wrong, or if there may be something amiss medically that needs looking into.
Getting to Know Your Prostate
The prostate gland, or the “P-spot,” is right behind the bladder and right in front of the rectum. This walnut-sized gland is wrapped around the urethra and is close to the rectum.
Without getting too medical or technical, the short definition of the prostate is “the magic button that dictates what comes out of your urethra.”
The prostate is the main producer of prostatic fluid, which feeds and carries sperm cells. After sperm are produced, the sperm will combine with the fluid. Prostatic fluid is what gives semen its milky appearance.
When you’re engaging in any type of sexual activity — solo or with a partner — and are about to climax, your prostate introduces semen into the urethra. You can reach climax and have an incredible orgasm through prostate stimulation, but these orgasms differ quite a bit from those triggered by penis stimulation.
Many cite prostate orgasms as full-body or even “out of body” experiences. Orgasms from penis stimulation, on the other hand, typically only cause a pleasurable sensation that you feel right around the shaft and head.
There are quite a few ways to stimulate the prostate, internally and or externally. Are you interested in toys and tools to bolster your bedroom experiences with prostate stimulation? You may be in the market for a vibrating prostate massager.
Through P-spot stimulation, the prostate milking process could hold host to even multiple orgasms by hitting the P-spot.
It's not like the penis is restricted from any type of love here. If you prefer your penis to not have FOMO, you can try stroking and milking.
Whew, that sounds like a lot at first but don't worry. Cheers to new things —we’re sure it will be worth the adventure!
What to Know Before Milking
Much like any new sort of practice, there is going to be a process of getting used to things. Ease into it.
To start an internal massage, clear your bladder or your bowels before engaging in any type of prostate play.
Inside, the prostate is close to your urethra and rectum. At first or even occasionally in those who milk frequently, hitting the P-spot may feel like you have to pee.
Depending on what you're into, this may not be entirely preferable, but it is totally normal. It is common for that sensation to arise, especially in the earlier stages of exploring the prostate. Give it time. The more you successfully train your prostate, the more normalized it will feel to your body.
Stimulation of the prostate may encourage urine flow. Any sort of entry into the anus at first could lead to accidental defecation. This happens more commonly than one might think. Make sure you clear out your waste system before trying prostate play to ensure a successful clean-up.
Techniques or tools to use to clean up the system include:
- Enema (be careful with this one, as it may cause irritation)
- Juice cleanses
- Diuretics (substances that make you pee — coffee and tea are mild diuretics)
- A deep-cleaning shower
As a general rule of thumb, it is best to use the bathroom before engaging in any sort of interaction with the prostate, sexual or not. It is better when there are no obstructions in the way of work or pleasure.
Finally, do not be afraid to try lubricants out before jumping into pressing the P-spot. Remember to use quality toys and water-based lube, which will stay where it is put. That means no runs, no drips, no smell, no mess.
Don’t forget to thoroughly clean your toys after use with a safe sex toy cleaner. Check the toy labels before buying for erosion warnings, and possibly look into safer hybrid lubricants on massagers.
We also recommend fast and easy sterilization with our UV Sterilizer Bag. This handy dandy storage pouch kills 99.9% of germs with the touch of a button.
What Is the Best Prostate Milking Method?
You can milk your prostate in a variety of different ways. Read below to explore the many fascinating techniques and find the one that you like best. The beauty of prostate play is that it mysteriously has more to offer than meets the eye. Find the fun in the fluidity and embrace it!
Finger or Digit-Play
Fingers are a pretty good bet when getting to the fun parts of the body. Milking the prostate can be internal or external with the help of your fingers — or a massager.
Three common motions for hitting the prostate with an internal massage:
The great thing about a prostate massage is that you can enjoy your own company. If you’re new to anal play, then we recommend going solo and familiarizing yourself before exploring with a partner.
- Doggy Style: Bending at the knees, start in a squat position for a smooth entry. Once you are comfortably seated, slowly transition to a doggy position.
- Legs-Up: As one of the most fun options for solo play, this position allows you to explore all the sexiest parts of prostate massage without having to juggle your hands. Lie down on your back for support and allow your lower back and abdominal muscles to relax. You can then lift your knees to your chest, spread lubricant on both points of contact, and let the action begin.
- Face Down: Like Kegel exercises, the face down position gives you a better control of your sphincter, allowing you to grasp a toy or body part for extra control. Lie down on your stomach and insert the massager. Once set in place, straighten your body out.
- Fetal Position: This pose is great because it allows you to flex your muscles and get the most stimulation out of it.You can lie on your side, bend the knees, and breathe deeply. Make sure that your knees are close to your stomach.
What About Toys and Massagers?
Who doesn’t love a good toy? Toys or tools can definitely take P-spot milking to greater heights and produce greater pleasure. Another fun part is the variety of what you could try.
Our forte is our prostate massagers, but we also have other options that may suit your needs. Not sure which of our award-winning toys is right for you? Take our quiz to help us help you find the perfect match!
Milking: Not Just For Pleasure
Milking the prostate is not solely for when you’re feeling horny — this is a common misconception. It might actually be something your doctor recommends.
Prostate massage therapy has been known to help with issues like urine retention or enlarged prostate. Getting healthier has never hurt this good.
In a Nutshell
A good milking of the prostate could lead to life-changing benefits. Visiting safe spaces like GIDDI helps you gain a better understanding and comfort with a process that is too pleasurable to pass up.
How does the prostate work? - InformedHealth.org | NCBI Bookshelf
Review article: colon cleansing preparation for gastrointestinal procedures | Europe PMC
Lubrication Practices and Receptive Anal Sex: Implications for STI Transmission and Prevention| Science Direct